With a civil engineer background, Vitor is a long-time systems architect, security evangelist and mobile catalyst, deeply involved with technology. Began working on several telecoms while providing support and infrastructure services, jumped into the b2b bandwagon as a web architect when the bubble burst, then went for a three year journey nurturing online corporate and home banking systems infrastructure on the national public banks. Holds public duty at the portuguese Ministry of Justice while head of software development, was the project manager for the presidential election voting system and the national citizen card. Furthermore did marketing and system operations for 7Syntax, his failed startup, quickly after acted as an independent consultant in cloud computing and security, for Amazon Europe. He spent the last few years between managing technology, digital and operations at a communication & PR agency, and then at a fintech company builder in Switzerland.
With more than 19 years of experience, he's a driven, focused self-starter who takes ownership, now head of infrastructure & platforms at Methods Digital.
On his spare time, he bootstrapped Mobile Monday Portuguese chapter, an online technology video show and was editor for TheNextWeb.
Expertise: systems and information architecture, cloud computing, security, development, mobile business, marketing, management (teams, products), communication, creativity
- Hands-On with Cloud, Hybrid (VMWare, Amazon AWS, Google, Azure), On-Premise production and mission-critical environments and infrastructure
- Designed, built and developed mission critical services and applications (large scale internet, mobile and cloud-based)
- Shell scripting and wide knowledge of programming languages, Linux / Unix / Mainframe systems and automation tools
- Solid understanding of systems security, monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Agile development methodologies mentor