Venissa de Castro
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I am one of the most interesting people that you’ll ever know because I always have something going on. I believe in being involved in the community.
I love Ottawa.
In short, I volunteer, play ultimate, paddle, run, organize, e-mail.
Long version, I’m involved.
- My time is focused on connecting with individuals and recruiting year-round for half a dozen community-based events. In 2011, I was on the planning committee for the Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay for Life as well as working countless hours as the marketing coordinator for the 25th Canadian Ultimate Championships. It was amazing to help bring together and host over 1500 players from across the country!
- The following year, I was recruited as one of the Tournament Directors to lead the No Borders Ultimate Frisbee Tournament. 2014 marked the 30th Edition of the event, and we celebrated in the true spirit of Ultimate.
- I take great pride in being the team organizer for not one, but two dragon boat teams, the all female Psirens and our co-ed recreational team, the P’sidens. I’m so proud to see what I’ve started flourish and develop. For the FIFTH year in the row, the Psirens have been awarded the "First to Register"
distinction from the Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival.
- I think BIG PICTURE but I know that it’s the tiny detailed logistics that get you there. Between the powers of my smart phone, my FranklinCovey planner and Google everything , I’m not intimidated to tackle almost any project.
- I am a proud sister of Delta Phi Epsilon
I energetically live up to my twitter name.