professor, Researcher, and Environmental Engineer in Italia
prof. Vincenzo Naddeo (納文 森 - Chinese name for the appointments in Taiwan) is Director of the Sanitary Environmental Engineering Division (SEED) at the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Salerno (Italy), where he drives research and academic activities in the Environmental Engineering fields.
He serves as affiliate professor at both the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the University of Washington (Seattle, WA, USA) and at the Department of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering of the Tamkang University (New Taipei City, Taiwan).
Since 2018 prof. Naddeo is CEO and co-founder of Sponge s.r.l., a Spin-Off of the University of Salerno working on Environmental Technology.
prof. Naddeo is the coordinator of European/international and national research projects, supervisor of PhD and master students, and member of the scientific board in several national and international conferences.
prof. Naddeo was the general chair of the international conference series WaterEnergyNEXUS (since 2017) and he is also actively involved in various scientific organizations, funding agencies, and European networks.
prof. Naddeo is Associate Editor of:
- Water Environmental Research (Wiley);
- Case Studies in Chemical and Environmental Engineering (Elsevier);
- Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration (Springer);
- Scientific Report (Nature Portfolio);
- Earth, Frontiers for Young Minds (Frontiers).
He is Special Issues Editor for Journal of Hazardous Materials Advances (Elsevier) and Social Media Editor for:
- Journal of Hazardous Materials (Elsevier);
- Journal of Hazardous Materials Letters (Elsevier);
- Journal of Hazardous Materials Advances (Elsevier).
He presently serves on the editorial board of several ISI journals including:
- Science of Total Environment (Elsevier);
- Desalination (Elsevier);
- Bioengineered (Taylor & Francis);
- PeerJ (Life, Bio, Environment & Health Sciences);
- Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology (Frontier);
- Water (MDPI).
He holds seven patents, 4 on innovative technologies for the advanced treatment of water/wastewater, 2 on the next generation of electronic noses (e.Nose) and 1 patent on an innovative photo-bioreactor for the sequestration of CO2.
prof. Naddeo is (co-)author of over 250 refereed publications in ISI journals, congress proceedings and book volumes.