Vince Poscente is the founder/CEO of The Goal Acceleration Institute. Canadian born, now living in Texas, his background was partly inspired by a friend’s passing in high school and a fortune teller in Singapore. When Vince Poscente’s high school friend passed away suddenly, he realized life might be shorter than expected.
Five years later, a Singaporean fortuneteller told Vince he would live to age forty. “Do everything at least once” became Vince Poscente’s urgent clarion call. After a 2,600-person standing ovation from his high school Valedictory speech, Vince Poscente was launched into his adult years knowing life was to be embraced and fear was to be harnessed. Opposite to a bucket list, Vince made a promise to say “yes” to any opportunity that came his way.
Here’s a partial list:
- traveled around the world for 12 months at 21 years old
- dove with Sharks off Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
- over came a total malfunction while parachuting on his second jump
- hang glided in the Majestic Rockies -‐ competed in the exciting sport of luge
- started a video production business
- attained undergraduate (B.A. with an eye toward Sports Marketing)
- worked with the Olympic organizing committee for the Calgary Olympics
But the long list of accomplishments vanished in a cloud of irrelevance when he realized he had been ignoring a life long dream of competing in the Olympics.
At 26 years old, as a recreational skier, Vince Poscente realized true commitment was missing in his life. He rectified that issue. Four years later he was marching in the opening ceremonies with the Canadian Olympic team in Albertville, France.
In the sport of Speed Skiing, Vince Poscente vied for gold with a speed of 135 mph on skis. Taking his own formula to accelerate towards big goals, Vince added to his list of accomplishments:
- an award winning sales person for Century 21 -‐
- VP of Marketing for world’s largest real estate investment service – Int’l Investment Properties