Client Support Agent and Musician in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Hiya, I'm Whitney! :) Sometimes I go by Whinnie. Feel free to call me either one!
I'm an enthusiastic, resourceful, and hardworking organizer who thrives in an action-oriented environment. People are my passion! I love helping others out in practical ways and being able to firsthand see the results of my work.
My work experience includes web marketing, operations, event management, customer service, and business development at various startups and organizations, and I've always been a versatile and integral part of my teams. In the past I've been complimented on my attention to detail, positive attitude, and quick learning ability. Some of my best accomplishments include:
• helping to pitch a product demo to ~10,000 convention attendees and add 6,500+ leads to a gaming startup's mailing list over three days, after only one week in the position;
• holding full responsibility for all customer relations during a tech startup's media launch, including the email inbox and all social media channels (50+ inquiries per day during the first week), and ensuring that high-quality responses were made within 48 hours;
• in a team of four, organized and executed logistics (venue, equipment, programming, volunteers, etc.) for a local musical group's first independent concert, resulting in 75 audience members and $200 in revenue;
• independently working on an e-commerce tool to create new product offerings and competitive pricing structures for an apparel supplier/designer, after conducting extensive competitive and industry analyses; and
• singlehandedly learning how to use specialized customer service software, integrating it into a tech startup's workflow, and then teaching the software and customer service teams how to use it.
Outside of work, I sing a cappella music, play video games, and love cats and dogs!
I recently graduated from the University of Waterloo earlier this year and am now working at Bonfire Interactive, a company leading the procurement industry with its sourcing enablement platform. As someone who aspires to help build brands and their communities -- whether it's through digital marketing, engaging events, delighting customers, or something else more behind-the-scenes -- I'm always open to a coffee chat. Let's talk and exchange knowledge! :)