I'm a 6-year-old disguised as a 22-year-old. I work as a planner for JWT and you can find me writing a blog that I named the wanky planner blog as a safeguard because no one's interested in account planning apart from other planners and the minute you start talking about brands you sound a little bit silly.
I studied advertising (Manchester Met) and went on to work in the area because I think it's the closest I can get to changing how people think and feel without working in the public sector. That, and being a researcher felt lonely (sorry if you're a researcher).
I'm not like those cool people who drink flat whites and I'm definitely the wrong person to sit next to at a dinner party unless you want to talk about the typeface on the menu. I bore the pants off others because I'm into sociology, globalisation and the likes so between me and someone who went to school with that guy on the X Factor, I know who might win.
Right now you might want to skip straight to Facebook.
Things I do/like
- worry a lot
- read anything I can find
- talking to people or singing if they've been bad
- cooking & baking
- finding ways of statying fit whilst sat on my bum all day
- architecture, typography and hand lettering.
- social issues (inequality, experiences of modern life, psychological effects of unemployment, audience research, mass media. the lot.)
Random things I want to do in the near/distant future
- move myself down to London
- point at something and say 'we made this at work'
- work at W+K one fine day
- go to Cambridge (.ac.uk)
- learn how to make croissants
- do a triathlon & Welsh 3000s
More pictures and random bizzaro things I like on the tumblr. As you do.